- Advice While Designing Small Toilets, it is important to use small design hacks. Besides the usual hacks to use mirrors to largen the space and lightening to brighten up the space, here are some more.
- Tip # 1: Wall tiles should go all the way from the floor to the ceiling. Keeping the same tile colour throughout, helps to heighten up the space and makes the space look taller and adds length to it.
Use lighter tile colours, but if you must use darker colours, use a minimum amount of it.
- Tip # 2: If you and don’t have space to put a towel rack in your shower area, you can fix a ring or hook for it. This helps for practicality purpose and beautifies the space. You can even use a shower caddy for storing smaller items.
- Tip # 3: Don’t waste that space behind the bathroom door. Even a little space wasted , is a lot of space that can be utilised. Create a small storage and cabinet for medicines, rubber bands, small bottles etc. A hidden Cabinet avoids it to be right in your face, but at the same time, gives you so much extra storage.
- Tip # 4: Unhappy to have shelves jutting out? No problem. Make use of those thick walls. As simple as it sounds, create small niches withing that wall. Instead of having shelves pultruding out, create small pockets or niches within the wall itself. Make sure wall is not lesser than 6” to this, as we don’t want your bathroom wall falling down. You can put small shampoo bottles, perfumes or even planters to beautify it. This is what I definitely advice while designing small toilets.
- Tip # 5: Try to create high ceilings with lighting as this will enhance the space. Floating ceilings are basically ceilings that are not touching the walls on all four sides , but have gaps around them. You can fill these gaps with led strips. The reflection of these lights falls on the wall, making the walls look even taller!